Pre-Purchase or Pre-Sale Inspections
- Pool Fencing Compliancy – Checks for pool fencing, pool gate/s and boundary fencing
- Pool interior and external finish – Identifying defects, deterioration and omissions as well as age related and wear and tear issues
- Pool Equipment – Including filter, pump, salt chlorinator, pool cleaner and underwater lights
Note: All the above services can be incorporated with a verbal or written report.
Common Problems Detected
- Non-compliant pool fencing
- Pool gate issues
- Filtration leaks and other associated problems with plumbing
- Surface finish problems (copings, tile bands and interiors)
- Defects with internal finishes
- Subsidence of pool surrounds
- Inadequate drainage surrounding pool site
- Large trees with roots affecting structure and pipe work
- Self sufficiency regarding pool water top up
- Inappropriate and unsafe electrical wiring
- Pool surrounds
Pool Safety Inspections
Does the pool fence at your new home comply with the current pool safety laws? Do you want to reduce the risk of a child gaining access to your pool? Do you want peace of mind? Let me complete your Pool Safety Inspection to comply with the law.
Since December 2010 the Queensland Government implemented new pool safety laws which require all existing pools to comply with the Queensland Development Code – part MP3.4 “Pool Safety Barriers”
My inspection will be carried out in accordance with the Pool Safety Standard which is the Queensland Development Code – part MP3.4, Australian Standards 1926 2007 parts 1 & 2 and all other standards prescribed under the Building Act 1975 for ensuring the safety of persons using a regulated pool.
If the inspected pool is Compliant
If the inspected pool is deemed to be Compliant you will be issued with a Pool Safety Certificate – Form 23 within 2 business days and your pool will be placed on the Pool Safety Register. Access to the register:
If the inspected pool is Non-Compliant
If the inspected pool is deemed to be Non-Compliant you will be issued with a Pool Safety Non-Conformity Notice – Form 26. You will also be given an Inspection Report which will detail items (including photographic evidence) that have been determined to breach the current Pool Safety Standard and will require rectification within 90 days of the date on your Form 26. I will also offer advice and recommendations on the non-compliant issues and can complete minor pool safety repairs if required.
The Pool will also be registered as being Non-Compliant and under the Legislation must engage the re-inspection to be completed by the initial Licenced Inspector (me) to receive your Pool Safety Certificate.
When all items have been rectified you can book a re-inspection which will incur an additional fee. You will receive your Pool Safety Certificate within 2 business days of the successful re-inspection.
Pricing for inspections depend on individual inspections provided and the site inspection area – ring for quote.
If you would like further information or would like to book an inspection, please phone me on 0408 328 000 or book your inspection on-line through my website contact page.